[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Mon Jan 24 00:45:29 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Christian Bullow wrote:

> Suncorp will probably say internet banking is a service which they
> don't really need to offer, they choose to offer it for their
> customers. Its not like they're withholding all banking if you use
> anything other then MS, you will just have to go into a branch is all.

Could be.  I'm really not sure how powerful the banking Ombudsman is.  I
just know when I've contacted them over legitmate banking concerns they've
been helpful (from either an advice or action perspective).  Some
ombudspeople have huge power and don't have to be at all fair to their
industry - just look at the TIO.  If I were with Suncorp I'd lodge a
complaint with the bank and the banking Ombudsman over this.

Cheers,
 	Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.