[H-GEN] KVM issues

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sun Feb 20 03:23:14 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 20:47 +1000, Sandra Mansell wrote:
> My husband has setup an Ubuntu box alongside his Windows box and hooked
> both up to a shiny new KVM switch. The Windows box works fine, but the
> Ubuntu box seems not to find a mouse. If a mouse is hooked up directly
> to the ps2 port, no problems. He's tried known good KVM cables and ports
> on the switch and still no go.

Talking about weird KVM behaviour, one of my mates has a HP computer
(don't blame me, he bought it before I knew him) and when I connect it
up to my KVM it does not recognise the mouse on every alternate boot.

I use a USB mouse so that I don't have to reboot it twice just to use
the mouse.

When we installed Ubuntu the PS2 mouse worked every single time.

--
Regards,
Harry