[H-GEN] KVM issues

Sandra Mansell fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Sat Feb 19 20:32:14 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:16:48AM +1000, Bradley Marshall wrote:
> Is it a powered KVM?  The better KVMs provide a mouse to the box
> even when not switched to it.  Unpowered ones rarely do this,
> and sometimes don't provide enough signal - mostly for VGA,
> but I guess its possible for the mouse too.

That's a very good point. It's a 4 port KVM and although it can be
powered, it isn't currently powered as it didn't seem to need it for
only 2 computers. I shall pass on the suggestion to my husband to power
it and see if that makes a difference. The Ubuntu box has a much smaller
power supply than the Windows box and it might not be coping.

Thanks!

Sandra.
--
http://www.users.on.net/ickus/
"Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head."