[H-GEN] Can't use K3B as ordinary user on FC4

Ewan Edwards Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com
Thu Dec 29 20:56:21 EST 2005

Hopefully someone on this list might be able to provide a pointer to
something that will help me solve this problem.

The problem is that when configuring k3b as an ordinary user, there
are no "Writer Drives" listed and any attempt to "Add Device" fails
with an error "Could not find an additional device at /dev/<devname>"
no matter which <devname> is used eg: hdc, dvdwriter, dvd, etc..

Running K3b a root works without any problem, other than the user.
My friend google hasn't come up with anything so far that I recognise
as useful. :-(

Here is some version information, if it helps.
K3b : 0.12.10
KDE : 3.5.0-0.2.fc4
Kernel : 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4smp

Even tried rebooting the box on the original 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp
kernel.