[H-GEN] Starting a new service at boot time in Solaris 10

Paul Cornford pccor at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 19 08:05:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I am new to Solaris (10) and I cannot seem to start my firewall (ipf) at
boot time. I have placed the rules in /etc/ipf/ipf.conf but contrary to
the man page ipf doesn't start at boot time. "ipf -f /etc/ipf/ipf.conf"
works fine on the command line so the rules are fine and so is the conf
file.

So I have prepared my own script and placed it in /etc/init.d/ as well
as links in rc0.d, rc1.d, rc2.d, rc3.d and rcS.d. I know I probably
don't need ipf running at all these run levels but so far nothing has
worked. Can anyone help me on this?

Regards

Paul Cornford.