[H-GEN] SpamAssassin vs DSPAM

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:48:57 EST 2005

I liked what I saw in DSPAM, so I have now changed over.  Even when not
running it in daemon mode, it still outperforms SpamAssassin (speed
wise) running in daemon mode.  Not running it in daemon mode means that
it doesn't keep hold of ram when not in use.  Even then, I found it
was not using much ram at all, except when processing a really large
email.  Those are quite rare here.  Most of the time, there is not even
a blip on my memory monitor widget.

As for accuracy, I will have to use it for a while to tell for sure.
After training it with all my email, it is a lot more accurate than
SpamAssassin used to be, but that is not a good comparison, as I had
not got around to training SpamAssassin yet.