[H-GEN] dd or shred for secure deletes.

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Thu Dec 1 05:26:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

> Besides, it's fun!  You get to find out answers to questions like:
> * does iron oxide burn very well?

Yes.

Appropriate usage of a belt sander, bricks and (quite) a few sparklers to
get the drive into a burnable form is left as an exercise for the reader.
Bonus marks for the belt sander being usable afterwards.

> * how does it feel to whack the drive with a hammer until it breaks
>   open?

Dropping the drive may also be an option, however, the older drives are
surprisingly sturdy beasts as we found out one Humbug meeting.

> * how many platters can you eat before a trip to the hospital?

That gives 'Caught for passing confidential information' an entirely new
meaning.

--==--
Bruce.