[H-GEN] Blackberry

Shane Ravenn sravenn at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 29 05:11:28 EDT 2005

Hi all.

Just need some advice on a new phone I'm thinking of upgrading to. What
sort of issues would I have with a Blackberry 7290, and what sort of
Linux compatibility issues might I expect?

My phone is due for an upgrade, and I would like a PDA/phone setup. The
Blackberry seemed like a good option, as it's a PDA with an added phone.
I didn't want an MP3 player, camera, etc. which is what most of the
phones seem to be these days. There was not a lot of choice as to PDA
style phones.

I have ordered the Blackberry, but it isn't due for another couple of
days if there is a good enough reason, or another phone that would suit
my needs better.

I run Debian, and also an XP box (for my wife and kids for games only, I
swear!). I would prefer something that syncs well with my machine, but I
am not completely lost if it doesn't.

Thanks.
Shane Ravenn.

--
A wise person makes his own decisions, a weak one obeys public opinion.
 - Chinese proverb