[H-GEN] Browser from Linux not working

Russell Mathews russellm at humbug.org.au
Fri Aug 12 03:39:40 EDT 2005

Helloo, People in General,

I am still trying/wanting to have my browser work from the Linux [FC4]
OS of my dual boot box [DBB] which is connected to my ADSL modem/router.
I have an HP Windows box from my PhD uni into the router. It accesses
the www [eg this]. Since I have a static IP, I then wish to set up
apache and my own website. I want to put that under Linux on my DBB. I
anticipate having pages on Linux and OSS with ads from Google. I intend
to run Google as a test to gain skill in that area.

Windows on my DBB enables me to access the web. In the FC4 OS, it will
ping my HP box with both addresses 10.1.1.3 and 127.0.0.0 [the inet
addr: for both eth0 and lo produced by /sbin/ifconfig –a ]. That
suggests to me that the hardware is correctly connected.

I will gladly receive any assistance directed my way. Thanks.

-Cheers,

Russell G H Mathews

254 Hawken Drive, St Lucia Q4067.

 Ph: (07) 3870-9772