[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day - Sept 10th

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Tue Aug 9 09:28:41 EDT 2005

On 09/08/2005, at 5:45 PM, Mark Ellem wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ]
> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]
>
> Hi,
>
> Okay, it looks like we are going to have a stall somewhere. Who
> will be
> arranging the location and booking for this stall? We also need to
> finalise
> the details and put some info on the wiki page. I'm happy to bring
> my laptop
> along to demo software if required. Definitely agree on providing
> info on
> HUMBUG at the stall instead of an installfest.
>
> Another issue that has already been raised, who is going to provide
> the funds
> for materials to give out at the stall? I'm not that wealthy ATM
> but I'm
> happy to chip a few dollars into this if need be. A couple of
> friends of mine
> said they'd be interested helping out, one offering to supply
> posters for the
> stall.

ok, I am a graphic artist, so I am offering to supply artwork/
designs, some flyers and some posters. So what info do we want on the
flyers and posters? Cost and time wise, I'd prefer for a flyer thats
a black & white photocopy onto coloured paper (could produce
thousands of these without too much trouble, full colour I'm limited
to producing in the hundreds, unless someone has access to an offset
printer?). Plus have to think about size, flyers are usually either
A5 or A4. Poster wise I am able to print to A1, via inkjet, (and I'd
probably laminate), and I'd probably produce around 10 or so
depending on what size people what. Do we know what the stand size
will be?

So what info on the flyers and posters? What info about free software
and probably HUMBUG do we want to get across?

My other thought was to also give away little 'HOWTO' cards, which
tells people how to do the common tasks with the open source or free
software.