[H-GEN] Fedora Core 2, Anti-Virus, Samba, apt

Rob Kearey rob.kearey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 00:42:41 EDT 2005

> I am looking for an Anti-Virus Package that supports on-access scanning of
> Network Shared Resources.

> Does anyone know any good software for this?

clamav, amavisd-ng. It's not entirely trivial to set up, though it's
getting better. I'm not sure if amavisd-ng is in a repo anywhere yet.

> Ok I have apt installed and running on fedora core 2, however, I am at a
> loss as to where there are repositories of rpm packages that apt can look
> at, is there a list somewhere that I can look at?

why not just use fedora extras? or even, if you must, dag's repo? I
guess you didn't google very hard :)

> Firstly Up2Date is a pile of crap when trying to get new applications, it's
> great for maintaining the current applications.

This is why you'd use yum. apt is pretty much dead on rpm based distros.

> Fedora Core 3 has issues with Networking, not sure what that's all about, so
> I went back to FC2.

What issues? FC2 will go into legacy mode when FC4 comes out, so it's
probably best to sort it out now.

http://www.fedorafaq.org/ knows all.

--
RobK [hrm, haven't checked my gmail account for yonks]