[H-GEN] VMware question...

Tim Kent tim.kent at wkconsulting.com.au
Thu Sep 23 18:53:44 EDT 2004

Hi Raymond,

> The main reason I am still seriously considering the Windows option it is
> that the target system is a Toshiba M1 Laptop. These have some poorly
> components that are not yet 100% supported by Linux including the
> Trident video card (although that may have changed since I looked in
> July). :-/

I've got a Toshiba Portege 2010 sub-notebook (older model; 866MHz and
512MB RAM) and it comes with the Trident CyberBlade XP video card.  It
doesn't have any form of 3D acceleration in X yet but they have worked
out the 2D stuff well enough.  I've got VMware installed on the Portege
running under Fedora Core 2, if you want to have a look tomorrow night
you are most welcome.  It seems to run most stuff quick enough for my
needs, it even handles running two or three virtual machines at the same
time.

Cheers,
Tim

--