[H-GEN] You have mail vs You have new mail

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sat Sep 4 19:58:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Sandra Mansell wrote:

> Anyone have a similar experience? Or some suggestions that don't involve
> messing with global configuration files?

When I see this it is usully a result of something left in memory that is
touching my inbox (the mail is thus never reported as new because the
system thinks you are already looking at it).  Not sure what MUA (mail
client) you use, but you may wish to go look for extraneous copies left
running, or copies of fetchmail that have hung, etc.

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, rbrockway at uqconnect.net