[H-GEN] Debian and FireFox with Java

Anthony Irwin irwa82 at froggy.com.au
Tue Oct 5 00:58:21 EDT 2004

Adrian Sutton wrote:

 > You are indeed correct.  You will need to get at least Java 1.4.2_05
 > (though with java 1.5 out now grab that, Java 1.4.2_02 may also work)
 > from Sun (http://java.sun.com) and make sure you use the plugin for
 > Netscape 7.2 (I think) - don't use the Netscape 6 or Netscape 4 plugin.

Thanks for the help you where right I had j2re1.4.2_04 when I changed to
j2re1.4.2_05 everything worked perfectly. Another thing to note is that
you need a symbolic link copying the file won't work.

I am downloading the jdk-1.5.0 with the netbeans ide included has anyone
had any experiance with it I am thinking about learning java as a
crossplatform language.

--
Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin