[H-GEN] PXE capable network cards

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon May 31 08:39:22 EDT 2004

Scott Burns wrote:

> For the long run, cards are much better than you'd think.  I either
> have to download a new floppy for the existing card in the machine or
> pop the back off to use one of ours.  Given I always pop the back off
> once anyway to check connectors, fans and such, I've preferred the
> card since I got it.

Hmm, I think you misunderstood me, perhaps I should have used
"production" instead of "lab"[2], which is what I really meant.  I've
done work in similar situations [1] and moving parts really aren't a
good idea.  I was really suggesting the use of boot floppies as an
interim solution until you can track down a new card.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] I was thinking of education type lab setups at the time I wrote the
email.
[2] actually, worse, coal dust is more conductive than sugar...  oh, and
it explodes.