[H-GEN] procmail reciepe

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sat May 29 22:41:18 EDT 2004

With all this talk about mungling messages I was wondering if we could
add some?

At the top of each message that passes through the list a header to the
body gets added that looks like:

[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish.]

I agree it should be there but can we get the previous one in a reply to
be removed? I would imagine it would look at the lines that start with
'>' and contain '[ Humbug' or '[ Unix' and remove them. I am sure no one
will miss having that header/warning quoted again.

If the list manager can't do it (or the management does not want to do
it) does anyone have a procmail rule that can?

Probably look something like:

:0
* ^>.*[ Humbug
removal tool

:0

Anyone know what the removal line would look like?

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips