[H-GEN] PXE capable network cards

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Sun May 30 08:11:36 EDT 2004

Scott Burns wrote:

> With this setup I can install one of our stock configurations by
> installing a PXE network card if required then choosing the option
> from the PXE loader.  An hour later it's installed, users are
> configured, profiles are set up, custom software is installed and it's
> pretty much ready to go out the door.

Why the need for a PXE card?  You can always boot from an etherboot PXE
floppy (http://rom-o-matic.net/5.2.4/).  Yes, I'm assuming the target
machine has a floppy and yes, I also understand why bios support is
better in lab type setups but if it's just a once of need to get around
the fact that someone nicked your card then a floppy boot is a good
solution.

Cheers,
Michael