[H-GEN] PXE capable network cards

Scott Burns sburns at ihug.com.au
Fri May 28 22:58:19 EDT 2004

Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

>It's the ancillary stuff that gets you.  I mean, this isn't rocket
>science---why should a PC built in 2004 require anything like PXE at
>all, instead of simply being capable of DHCP and TFTP from the get-go?
>
>(Like lots of things I rant about, I don't know a lot about this, so
>that's not entirely a rhetorical question.)

Not quite sure on what level you want a response, but PXE booting
machine are full dhcp clients, able to take advantage of all relevant
features.  They also support tftp otherwise they would not be able to
download pxelinux.0.

Having said that, it would be nice to specify the IP + boot server/image
in BIOS.

Scott