[H-GEN] Mailing List

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Fri May 28 03:40:48 EDT 2004

David de Groot wrote:

> I do however have the option of using procmail to counter the deficiency
> in non-Reply-To setting mailing lists (and do).

I use Mozilla mail and have just setup a couple of extra accounts that
never check the server for new messages.

The settings for these accounts:

First account called "HUMBUG - General"
email: harry at tux.com.au
reply-to: general at lists.humbug.org.au

Second account called "HUMBUG - chat"
email: harry at tux.com.au
reply-to: chat at lists.humbug.org.au

When sending I select the appropriate account in the "From" drop down
menu. That way any response goes back to the list automatically, even if
people have forgotten there is no list inserted "reply-to" or don't have
the capacity for a workaround. If they want to send a private reply
(which is rare) they still can of course.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips