[H-GEN] Wireless cards under FreeBSD

Sarah Walters s.walters at its.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 22 23:23:44 EST 2004

Thanks Greg,

Greg Black wrote:
> I've been using both a Lucent Orinoco Silver and a Cabletron
> RoamAbout (similar cards with different badging) under various
> FreeBSD systems from 4.3 onwards with no problems.  I use them
> both at Humbug meetings whenever I get there.

I neglected to mention that we have an 802.11g router, and are looking
for a card that can support it. We know the Atheros chipset is probably
our best bet, does anyone have a card with that chipset, and where (as
in the name of the store) did they get it?

--
Sarah Walters
Systems Programmer, Software Infrastructure
Email: s.walters at its.uq.edu.au