[H-GEN] Problem with ViewSonic VG171b how to diagnose?

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Mon Mar 22 14:15:40 EST 2004

Hiya,

So I have this lovely monitor in front of me in my temporary office.
And RedHat 9's condiguration software has done a remarkably good job
of detecting it and all is wonderful at 1028x1024. Except: the grey
'moire' pattern on things like the Athena scroll widgets looks like
it is 'moving'/unstable.

In fact, so far, xterm scrollbars are the only place that seems to
have a problem.

Any ideas how I should go about diagnosing/correcting this problem?
(besides xterm +sb which is a good workaround for a monitor that I
will only have for a few days[1]).

Cheers,

Raymond
[1] I wonder if they'd notice if I took it back with me? It really is
    a very nice monitor :-)
raymond at humbug.org.au