[H-GEN] dynamically linked binaries not working

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at panix.com
Tue Mar 9 00:24:35 EST 2004

No, this isn't on a real system.

I've built a pretty complete system in a chroot, but none of the
dynamically linked binaries work, notably my shell.  I've managed to
install a static copy of sash to examine things but it's slow going.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is the run-time linker; all my libs
are in /lib, there's a /etc/ld.so.cache built using an ldconfig from
the host system from inside the chroot.

But I can't find ld.so; nor can I remember which source package it's
part of (a reference debian system suggests it's part of libc6, but
that's built and installed on the target system?).

Can any members of my aussie brains trust remind me what I need next?

jason
--
http://panix.com/~jasonp?BabyPictures