[H-GEN] kworldclock

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Tue Jun 8 08:24:13 EDT 2004

Hi Harry,

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 09:37:45PM +1000, Harry Phillips wrote:
> The error message I get when trying to run it from a console is:
>
> Can't determine DISPLAY. Aborting.

DISPLAY is used to specify which X-server X-clients should
connect to.

> Anyone know how to get kworldclock to output a dump using cron?

cron is probably the wrong place for this as it only makes
sense for you to run kworldclock when you are actually
running an X-server. A better place would be your .xsession
file: but remember to run the command in the background.

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au