[H-GEN] IP Traffic Stats

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sat Jun 5 00:08:20 EDT 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, James Mills wrote:

> IFRC, ipfw is a front-end to iptables. I am certain that iptables would
> also have this option... Perhaps it's something to look into for Linux
> :)

The name ipfw has been over used.  Afaik *BSD's firewall code is
completely independent of netfilter (aka iptables).  The ipfw I mentioned
in another post as an early Linux firewall implementation was afaik quite
independent of the BSD ipfw (actually it may have been a derived work but
it was at least developed seperately).

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, rbrockway at uqconnect.net