[H-GEN] sun guns for the desktop and for bill

James McPherson - PTS Engineer James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 22 18:23:48 EST 2004

Those members of Humbug who want to make up their own
minds should read the reviews, read the feature specs
from the Sun website and think about the market segments
that Sun is pushing the JDS at.

If you want to run the environment which JDS provides and
you don't want to pay for it then by all means go and grab
the stuff yourself.

McNealy is quoted _on the public record_ as saying that
if you don't want to pay for StarOffice, go and download
OpenOffice. Ditto for the other components. If you want
Sun to provide support for these apps then pay the money.
It's a good deal.

Yes, I have a vested interest because I work for Sun. I
don't think it really matters though -- if the JDS is the
best solution for your needs, then use it. If it isn't,
then don't - or use just the bits which do fit your needs.

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                                Gordon NSW