[H-GEN] Cloning RH EL v3

Peter Arnold arnoldpj at optushome.com.au
Wed Feb 18 23:21:57 EST 2004

I'm charged with upgrading two RH 7.2 boxes to RHEL v3. To avoid downtime,
I propose installing on an identical box and copying the install (using
raid disk mirroring) to a disk that I put in each existing RH7.2 box.

My question is: is there a utility that unconfigures the network config
(similar to sys-unconfig on solaris and maybe sysprep on that other OS) or
do I just change all the config files by hand? If so...which files? So far
I suspect:
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/sysconfig/network
but I'm sure there's a lot more, particular in application configuration
files like rhn and webmin....

hrrrmf... just found there's a sys-unconfig on RH as well... Has any body
used this with any success/failure?

Any other recommended options for building two identical servers?

Thanks
Peter Arnold