[H-GEN] "No space left on device" - 0 inodes

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Dec 9 02:47:57 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your assistance on this one... I've done a little asking
around and a bit of googling, I now need help in figuring out exactly
the best way of doing around this :)

My web server, dede has apparently run out of inodes, which is
supposedly the result of the messages I have been receiving about "No
Space left on device", despite the fact that there is a good 500M of
space available according to df -h.

df -i however, reports 0 inodes available to the system.

This is currently rendering my web server rather unuseable...

dede:/# find . | wc -l
385763
dede:/# df -i
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/hda1             384000  384000       0  100% /
tmpfs                  11889       1   11888    1% /dev/shm
dede:/# exit

Thanks guys,

cheers
James