[H-GEN] RFC Nominations for Upcoming Elections

Sandra Mansell fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 14 22:52:12 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 10:26:04PM +1000, Mark Suter wrote:
> A large part of our upcoming Annual General Meeting will be elections
> for our executive (current office bearers below).  I invite discussion
> about nominations - it's on topic for the general list.

Do we have a date yet for the AGM? (Gotta try and get my husband out of
work early that day so we can attend.)

> I've accepted a contact as "Linux Administrator" down south and
> so won't be at fewer meetings next year.  I won't be standing
> unless the club votes for a "mostly virtual" President.

Congratulations! It's always great to hear about folks gaining
employment because they 'know linux'. :-)

I'm also sorta wondering what it is that the President *does* other than
be the public face of the group and keep the rest of the Exec in line ;-)

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
http://www.users.on.net/ickus/
"Oh wonderful, they're alive. Now you can torture them with
your inane dribblings."
  -- Rygel (to Stark) "Green-Eyed Monster"
      Farscape season 3 episode 8