[H-GEN] Hostnames in meeting.humbug.org.au

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Sat Aug 14 21:04:11 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 02:47:56PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Proper names of stars are always good because their are memorable (people
> have heard of them) and the namespace is big.  This has the added
> advantage that clusters can be named after galaxies ;)

I have to disagree. (sorry)

Most people I would think would know some form of chemistry (I do at
least) so therefore the periodic table would be better.

More widely known ihmo. Not everyone has studied the names of the
constellations of the stars (I haven't, don't know a single one, except
perhaps Orion).

cheers
James

--