[H-GEN] who to contact?

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Thu Aug 5 04:28:42 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-05, Robert Stanford wrote:

> So please fellow Humbugers, who do I go to next?

I would report all the facts to my customer in writing, pretty
much as you have done, but with clear descriptions of the issues
and their potential impact on the customer.

Then I'd add my recommendations.

Then I'd ask the customer to make their own decision.

And, if this was me, I'd point out that certain decisions would
be so wrong in my opinion that I would not be able to continue
to look after them if they made those decisions.

I've found that it's only the final paragraph above that makes
most companies actually look at the situation seriously.  That's
why I include it -- it helps them to make a sensible decision.

As for reporting the offending company, I'd give that a big
miss.  It has too many avenues that lead to tears and too few
benefits to be worth pursuing.  On the other hand, if your
customer wants to beat the vendor over the head, let them go and
do it.

Cheers, Greg