Bad experiences with distros (was Re: [H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro))

David Jericho davidj at tucanatech.com
Thu Aug 5 02:42:52 EDT 2004

Sandra Mansell wrote:

>My husband tried it out core 1 just after it came out. The install was
>buggy, the updater was nigh useless and he was left in dependency hell.

I dare suggest he did something wrong. I have Kickstart setups here
that'll rebuild a workstation from cold metal in about 15 minutes at 1.8
GBytes installed. It takes another 10 to update the box using yum or
up2date.

And for my daily Anti-Gentoo link, http://www.funroll-loops.org/

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Tucana Technologies