[H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro)

Sandra Mansell fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Thu Aug 5 00:42:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:11:08PM +1000, Tim Browne wrote:
> The Gentoo documentation is not 100%, but it has improved with the latest
> release. For better or worse I do Gentoo installs on a semi-regular basis
> and it is much simpler the second, third ..... time round.

See that's where my issue lies. I thought the point of linux was that
you shouldn't have to constantly reinstall it like some other OSes that
run in my household. A lot of people complain about the debian installer
but when we were trying to install Gentoo, I was like "installer? what
installer?"

We are looking into trying Gentoo again soon. I'm going to setup a
dedicated Linux desktop machine alongside my *cough*other*cough* machine
and I'll be able to play with lots of distributions to see which one
works best for me. I'll also be testing lots of 'desktop' applications
to see what I'm going to switch over to linux and what is best left to
the domain of other OSes at the present time.

It's not so much that I don't have the time, it's that I just don't have
the pieces lying around my home at the moment. I'm slowly collecting
what I need and I'll probably be bringing pieces to HUMBUG when I do get
it all together so I can get some assistance with various distributions
that I've not had success installing yet. (Gentoo, Libranet, Lycoris)

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
http://www.users.on.net/ickus/
"Oh wonderful, they're alive. Now you can torture them with
your inane dribblings."
  -- Rygel (to Stark) "Green-Eyed Monster"
      Farscape season 3 episode 8