[H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro)

Sarah Walters s.walters at its.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 4 21:29:49 EDT 2004

Sandra Mansell wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:03:11AM +1000, Sarah Walters wrote:
>>Personally, I'd rather deal with the compile time than play RPM hell :)
>
> debian? no rpm hell in this household :-)
>
> I tried Gentoo last year but I was too dumb to get it to look like the
> instructions said it would and gave up after an hour. I don't see the
> point of RTFM if the manual differs greatly from the install process. I
> didn't find the process intuitive at all. At least the debian installer
> tells you what to do next.

I have to give you that one :) Getting Gentoo going did involve some fun
and games. I was over it, and then tried Mandrake (work) and am so
running from RPMs again :) *hides from all the Mandrake users*.

At any rate, as a FreeBSD user by choice, I'm quite happy to muddle
around to get my compile stuff working. I only run Linux for the
applications, personally I prefer a BSD box.

--
Sarah Walters
Systems Programmer, Software Infrastructure
Email: s.walters at its.uq.edu.au