[H-GEN] Text Processor Tool

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at panix.com
Tue Aug 3 08:45:14 EDT 2004

James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> writes:

> * XML based source files
> * Document classes (Article, Book, CV, etc... similar to LyX)
> * Tree-Like editing (open/close 'ing of edited sections) much the same
>   way as the Debian package 'woody'.
> * Export to: HTML, PDF, PostScript, DVI ...
> * vi-like key bindings or something configurable or easy to use
> -> * NCurses-based or Terminal-based app

Why not use vim with outline support?  Vim.org lists a couple of ways
to do it, I think:

   TVO: The Vim Outliner - Turn vim into a full-featured text ...
   www.vim.org/script.php?script_id=517

   Tip #74 - Using Vim as an outline processor : vim online
   www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=74

If you really want XML-based source files you might be able to use
Docbook and convert it to TeX and then to PostScript?  I'm not
entirely sure if Docbook is actually XML, though I do seem to recall
it covers most of your required output formats.

Failing that, consider Emacs.
--
http://panix.com/~jasonp?BabyPictures