[H-GEN] on text editors

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Aug 1 00:56:17 EDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, James Mills wrote:

> I'm quite willing to perform a LyX (which is a LaTeX front-end)
> demonstration. I however do not know LaTeX though (yet) :)

I'm not in Brissie anymore (except in September) but I think a LyX demo is
a cool idea.  It is not a widely used app even among Unix heads.  Part of
the problem is that the approach to document writing differs from a
traditional "office application" (formerly known as a word processor).

For the record my company (www.opentrend.net) uses LyX to generate all of
our contracts and other business documents in pdf format.  My business
partner does most of this but I do a bit of Lyx and plan to get into LaTeX
when time permits.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, rbrockway at uqconnect.net