[H-GEN] Spam, Humbug lists

ben.carlyle at invensys.com ben.carlyle at invensys.com
Mon Apr 26 19:03:34 EDT 2004

G'day,

Today for the first time I came into work and found my spam email
outnumbering my legitimate email by a factor of 10:1. Spam has been
ratcheting up on this address for some time now, and I wondered if I could
find the cause (or at least something to blame :). I know it's too late to
save this address from spam and that it will now continue unabated until I
find another job, but I notice that the following humbug archive messages
contain my email address in plaintext:

http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-chat/2003-08/msg00030.html, and
http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-chat/2003-08/msg00020.html

I found both emails using a google search for my email address. Perhaps
the archive censorship software needs tweaking?

Benjamin.