[H-GEN] NFS exporting

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Tue Apr 13 22:53:33 EDT 2004

Josh Marshall wrote:

> Hi Harry,
>
> I've got what you're wanting to do working here...
>
> on the nfs server the exports file looks like this:
>
> /storage/vpopmail       192.168.3.0/24(rw,no_root_squash)

I have exactly those options.

> on the nfs client the fstab entry looks like this:
>
> 192.168.3.8:/storage/vpopmail   /var/lib/vpopmail       nfs
> hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0       0

Very similar, I have soft instead of hard and I don't have the intr.

I will try them later and let you know how it goes. As you could imagine
I was getting alot of false leads when searching Google for the terms:

nfs root write access exports options fstab

All *very* common words when you are talking about Linux.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips