[H-GEN] NFS exporting

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Tue Apr 13 03:20:24 EDT 2004

Steven Lawrance wrote:
> Harry Phillips <harry at tux.com.au> (13 Apr 2004 13:38 +1000):
>
>>Has anyone got a NFS export that does allow write access for the root
>>user? Can you show me your export options on the server and the mount
>>options on the client?
>

> Sounds like -maproot is what you're after.  See exports(5).
> -maproot=0 will do what you want, but it mightn't be the most secure
> option.

Ok, here is what did it:

Originally I had the options as 192.168.2.0/24(...

It started working like it should when I changed the above to
192.168.2.99(...

I don't know why the no_root_squash option is ignored when specifying a
network maybe it's by design, maybe it's a bug.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips