[H-GEN] Man pages (number)

Paul Clarke paul at sitedynamics.com.au
Wed Sep 24 15:54:00 EDT 2003

Hi all,

One of those why and how questions I've had for a while...

In Roberts reply to my gateway and dns question he said "See the
interfaces man page:
interfaces(1) for info on the format."

In doing 'man interfaces' I got interfaces(5), 'man ifconfig' gives
ifconfig(8), etc

What do the numbers represent and how do I get the man interfaces(1)
page? (although the interfaces(5) page had all the information I needed
for the task)

I know it will be an easy one, but it is another step on my path to
enlightenment :)

Thanks

Paul

Site Dynamics - Paul Clarke