[H-GEN] Email filtering

David Duffy david at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Thu Sep 25 00:26:58 EDT 2003

Greg Black wrote:

>After all the discussion right here about the man command, it
>looks as though you're going to have to admit that you didn't
>read any of the half dozen procmail man pages.  Please do that
>and then come back if you still have problems.

LOL!  Yes, I admit it - I didn't look in the man file. Sorry about that.
I've been juggling Linux, assembler code and other stuff today. I must
be slowly going mad - it sounds so obvious when you point it out. :-)
I WILL read the man pages. I WILL read the man pages.
I WILL read the man pages. I WILL read the man pages.

>A hint: a user's .procmailrc is run as that user, so it will
>only be able to deliver to a different user if the permissions
>on the system are set very strangely.
>
>Another hint: if the user cannot write to the desired file,
>maybe you could consider getting procmail to forward the message
>to the desired user.

Thanks Greg, I'd come to the same conclusion only minutes before reading
your email.
David...

David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au