[H-GEN] Domain Redirect

Stephen Brine sbrine at powerup.com.au
Fri Sep 19 09:07:07 EDT 2003

I know it is not quite the same but I have my site hosted off my own server
with a dynamic IP and using DYNDNS (I think) I have a script that updates
my server when I get a new IP and also updates the NS at dyndns. Now they
also have a service and I doubt it is free whereby you delegate dyndns as
the nameserver and when you update your IP it changes the NS entry for your
own domain. Check it out, by the same token I might be talking through my
hat. My system works well and I hardly ever have to go into dyndns but I am
quite sure I did see something to that effect there.

         Steve B

At 20:22 19/09/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a Customer with a registered domain, recently he deceided to run
>his website off the ADSL connection he has at home which is fine except
>for the fact his IP address is not static.
>
>We currently have his server connected to a Dynamic DNS (Dyndns.org) and I
>was wondering: Can we change his DNS entries for his registered domain to
>simply redirect to his dynamic domain, or will we need to pay someone to
>host his registered domain and simply redirect to the dynamic domain? (My
>Idea is just a blank page with a redirect, similar to $cgi->redirect() if
>you use perl, but to get that page online we will have to pay, that seems
>stupid to me)
>
>Cheers,
>         Joe

Jesus loves the HELL out of us.