[H-GEN] apt-proxy without internet

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Fri Sep 19 05:58:27 EDT 2003

Jimi wrote:
> I am looking for a tool that acts like apt-proxy except if it cannot find the
> packages requested it will record the failure. Then the packages can be
> automatically downloaded using a command when you are connected to the net.
> My idea is to keep all my debian systems at home up-to-date by allowing them to
> request packages from my laptop and when I am at uni I can download the
> packages. Then when I get home the debian boxes can make the request again
> (using apt-get update or apt-get upgrade) and it will act just like apt-proxy to
> download the packages.
>
> Thanks in advance

Why not just use fmirror to get all the packages onto the laptop? Or is
*all* the packages just too big?

I fmirror all the Mandrake updates onto my server and then use
autoupdate to update all the workstations from the server. I imagine
that you could do a similar thing with all the apt packages.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips