[H-GEN] Careful, the hard disk might hear you.

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 11 01:55:28 EDT 2003

Josh Goes wrote:

>>I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that the drive is
>
> still
>
>>under warranty.  The bad news is that Maxtor will take two months to
>>replace it.
>

> Why Maxtor? I speak on behalf of lots of people in saying they cause
> nothing but headaches.

I wanna know why it's gonna take 2 months. I had one replaced in May and
it took me a week from start to finish. Email them for an RA number,
then take that with you to the place you bought it. Mine was replaced on
the spot. Maxtor are way better than Seagate. I should know, my Seagate
failed on the weekend. I had to buy a new WD 120gig to back up the data
before I could give the Seagate over for warranty replacement. I'm told
around 2 weeks. I was about 24 hours away from buying a 120gig hard
drive to go along with my 80gig. *sigh* I know all about hard drives
hearing you. Mine only had bad sectors fortunately so I was able to move
it all to another drive. Twice in 4 months. I'm starting to think I'm
cursed.

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
**add witty remark/quote here**