[H-GEN] Why bother with root when you can take the box?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Sep 10 13:24:55 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:53:30PM +0200, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> It reads like the machines taken were email servers, which implies that
> theres a lot of potentially useful, albiet piecemeal, information still on
> them.   yikes.

Also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3095746.stm

] Thieves are said to have gained access to the headquarters of the
] Transport Department in Canberra using electronic swipe cards.
]
] They then stole a laptop computer, which contained details of how the
] government guards its lengthy coastline.
]
] Attorney-General Daryl Williams said on Wednesday that the theft was
] not a threat to national security.
]
] "In fact, any information on (the computer) was in the public domain,"
] Mr Williams said.

How come Linux distros still don't offer encrypted filesystems standard?

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?
                      Am I getting paid for this?''