[H-GEN] OpenOffice being pushed in the sub-$1000 PC market

Cunningham, Conor Conor.Cunningham at team.telstra.com
Wed Sep 10 00:08:38 EDT 2003

Off on a slight tangent, but if anyone is interested, Telstra are
considering moving to Star Office, and employing some form of UNIX/Linux
as desktop. The desktop thing is only in the trial stage, but Telstra
just announced to it's employee's, and along with that there was an
article in the paper in Tuesday's IT Australian regarding this. Telstra
have paid $14 million US I believe for a three year license for SO, as
supposed to the approximate, and I stress approximate licensing to M$
for their office of about $21 Million AUS per annum.

Kind Regards,

Conor Cunningham
(07) 3898 6133

* This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au