[H-GEN] Re: HTML Mail in Mozilla

Stephen Thorne stephen at mu.com.au
Wed Sep 10 20:39:37 EDT 2003

[ Message was held for moderation: The Sender address does not match any
  subscribed address.  Please recheck sender address. ]

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:10, Ben Fowler wrote:
> [1] Another thing I find interesting /irritating is that the Gecko
> Runtime Environment (GRE) hasn't been factored out of Firebird and
> Thunderbird into a standalone component yet.  Splitting up the old suite
> seems to have achieved little bar duplicating the mozilla runtime for
> each application that uses it.  It seems unnecessarily wasteful to me.

As I understand it, firebird and thunderbird are 'MakeItCool' forks of the
original Mozilla browser and mailer. The idea is that greater independance
and less baggage, the Mozilla project can move forward in usability and
innovation in its browser and mail components.

After both thunderbird and firebird have 'stabilised', I believe the plan is
to reintegrate them back into Mozilla, replacing the respective components
they forked.

Regards
Stephen Thorne.