HTML Mail in Mozilla (was Re: [H-GEN] OpenOffice being pushed in the sub-$1000 PC market)

Benjamin benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 10 01:50:09 EDT 2003

Sandra Milne wrote:

> Benjamin wrote:

>> Please accept my apologies if this comes out as HTML email. I've yet
>> to find the setting in Mozilla composer to send text email by default!
>> :-/
> In Thunderbird it's Tools/Account Settings/Composition & Addressing

Thanks, Sandra. That was enough of a hint to help me find it. The actual
setting was under Edit/Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings/Relevant
account main page/Compose Messages in HTML format. I'd been looking
under Edit/Preferences/Mail & Newsgroups/Send Format. Under that heading
you can set specific domains to recieve HTML or text email specifically.

In summary it looks like you can set the option in any of three places.
Under the account settings you can set the default for that account
(although for some reason it seems to be on the recieving account and
not the SMTP setup!). The second place is under the general preferences
(a comlpetely different menu path is required to reach these
preferences) where you can select specific domains to go either way, and
finally it seems you can select individual email addresses to recieve
HTML or text email (another menu path again). I'm sure that would cover
most bases for most people, but seriously :) Does it need to be that
complicated and configured in so many places? <grin> Oh well. It seems
to be working nicely now.

Benjain.