[H-GEN] ASCII Characters

Joe Skilton shnads at 3blokes.mine.nu
Fri Oct 24 07:09:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,
    I have some ASCII characters I need to strip from some output, the only problem being I don't know the characters (sounds strange I know, but it will become clear).

The output itself has nothing except blank space where these characters are, but if I cut and paste it into gedit they come up in a little box, which contain the numbers 0002 and 0003, I know it's ASCII, as it's IRC output (and a guy on a scripting channel explained that it is ASCII, but he wasn't sure what) but i'm not sure what these characters are, and therefore i'm not sure how to use my perl program to strip them ?

Any Perl heads out there with an idea ? *cough* Jason :) *inocent look* who said that ?.
Maybe grep or some such program could strip them for me ?

Pre-emptive apology to anyone this annoys (I always seem to piss someone off),
Cheers,
        Joe