LindowsOs - Was: [H-GEN] Supporting Mozilla

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 20 21:56:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Tony Bilbrough wrote:

> As for Mozilla. Great programme. I use nothing else - for Web and for
> Mail. But I have yet to try the latest version.
> A bit of 'if it works, leave it alone' now, as most of my Linux update
> experiences have been somewhat more than a little traumatic.

I use Chatzilla as my IRC client and find it quite enjoyable.  Although it
doesn't have all the features of ircII, it is getting better all the time.
I happened to discover how rapidly it is developing when I used the one
that comes with version 1.3 of Mozilla (verses the 1.4 version).. so much
has changed that 1.3 truely doesnt even feel usable.  It constantly opens
new tabs for channels that don't exist.  It prints almost every message
from the server in ALL CAPITALS - glad they got rid of that feature.  The
displaying of nicks on the channel is now spaced correctly.  I have yet to
download Mozilla 1.5 but I'm willing to bet a few of my pet peeves in 1.4
have been fixed (like being able to close a tab with the mouse instead
of /delete) and a lot of new features being added (like being able to join
a channel with the mouse).  And this is all without even filing a bug
report or *gasp* submitting a patch.

So yeah, I'd encourage you to upgrade Mozilla.. there's probably things
broken in it that you don't think affect you, but if you were to go back
to the version you're using now after using the latest version you may
wonder how you ever thought that :)

Trent