[H-GEN] Usb Mass Storage

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 17 21:46:42 EST 2003

 --- Joe <shnads at 3blokes.mine.nu> wrote:
>  I purchased a Usb ram drive (with a built in mp3 player) today and ran
> into a little trouble, I am looking for a few opinions on this from
> smart people like yourselves :).
>
> I played with it for awhile, nice little device. Decieded to try Linux
> support (I just aquired a motherboard that can boot from usb, I'm
> interested in trying Linux on a ram drive :).

You did not mention which version of which Linux distro you are using.  It
has been my experience that some distros work better with USB storage
devices than others.  The one I have tried that worked flawlessly with all
USB devices I threw at it was SuSE 8.2.  It even works better with my
mobile phone as a storage device than the Windows software that came with
it (the phone has 2MB of flash RAM with a file system on it).  Somewhere in
my collection of distros, I have one that claims to boot from a USB ram
drive, sorry I can't recall the name right now.